PL / EN
I International Cello Academy
18th-25th July 2014, Nysa (Opole Province)
Jelena Očić (Musik Hochschule Mannheim/Conservatorium van Amsterdam)
Roberto Trainini (Conservatorio "C. Monteverdi" Bolzano)
Adam Krzeszowiec (Polish Cello Quartet)
Krzysztof Karpeta (Polish Cello Quartet)
Wojciech Fudala (Polish Cello Quartet)
1st International Cello Academy
18th - 25th July 2014, Nysa (Opole Province)
Musik Hochschule Mannheim /
Conservatorium van Amsterdam
Conservatorio "C. Monteverdi" Bolzano
Polish Cello Quartet
Polish Cello Quartet
Polish Cello Quartet
POLISH CELLO QUARTET (Krzysztof Karpeta, Adam Krzeszowiec, Wojciech Fudala, Tomasz Daroch)
Krzysztof Karpeta, Adam Krzeszowiec
We, members of the Polish Cello Quartet, being graduates of Polish and foreign Academies,
as a result of a number of reflections that followed many conversations with our younger colleagues and fellow professors from all around the World, have come up with a new proposal of music courses. As a cello group, we breathe cello music, we live by the music and we are willing to share our knowledge and experience with all the young musicians who wish to develop their talents and skills. That is why, we have created the First International Cello Academy.
The International Cello Academy (ICA) has the form of music workshops for students of second level Music Schools preparing for any entrance exams to Music Academies and for those who already are Music Academy students. The main idea behind the project, is to give young musicians an opportunity to work with distinguished foreign professors as well as the members ot the Polish Cello Quartet, which is made up of outstanding, young Polish cellists.
ICA aims at promoting playing chamber cello music among young artists. The tradition of chamber music used to be very popular in the previous century, propagated, among others,
by Pablo Casalsa at Prades Festival (France) and Puerto Rico Festival. Presently, the successors
of the tradition in Europe are: Valter Despalij
and friends of the PCQ: Giovanni Sollima, Gary Hoffman and Michael Flaksman. By promoting this kind of music in Poland, the Polish Cello Quartet wishes to show the young cello musicians the richness of the cello chamber music and encourage them to reach more frequently for this unique, although not easy, chamber music literature.
At the Cello Academy, its participants will have the opportunity to take part in hour-long individual classes almost daily as well as longer classes of cello chamber music. 4 solo classes
(2 with each of the two chosen lecturers) and chamber music classes taught by one of the PCQ members are guaranteed to all participants by the organizers.
We also encourage teachers and students majoring in different areas of music to participate in solo and chamber music classes as observers or auditors. You are also welcome to take part in the lecturers of the First International Cello Academy.
International Cello Academy offers:
- 2 individual classes with one of the foreign professors (2 x 1 hour)
- 2 individual classes with one of the PCQ members (2 x 1 hour)
- daily classes of the cello ensambles led by one of the PCQ members (4 x 1 hour)
- participation in lectures and discussions
- performing a concert
individual classes: Jelena Očić, Roberto Trainini, Krzysztof Karpeta, Adam Krzeszowiec
chamber music classes: Wojciech Fudala
Accomodation in 2 twin rooms with free Wi-Fi in The Diocesan Formation House
and breakfasts, dinners and suppers in The Diocesan Formation House.
40 EUR per hour
(Uppon arrival, you will have the opportunity to purchase an extra lesson with any of the lecturers of the First International Cello Academy)
250 EUR with accommodation and meals
80 EUR without accommodation nor meals (only for teachers)
1. Save the document in your computer.
2. Fill in all the highlighted fields.
3. The filled form together with the confirmation of the advanced payment of 100EUR (which you should sent to the following account: “Fernabucco”
NR IBAN: PL72 1140 2004 0000 3112 0286 5269, NR BIC: BREXPLPWMBK), should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 June 2014.
4. Sending the above documents means you:
- have accepted the rules and regulations of the I International Cello Academy, which may be found at: www.akademiawiolonczelowa.pl
- agree to give permission to use and process your personal data included in the application form in order to complete the enrolment process
(in accordance with Polish Act of Personal Data Protection of 29.08. 1997)
Beata Kołodziej [project coordinator]
phone +48 664 994 115
Biuro Koncertowe "Fernabucco" Julia Karpeta
NR IBAN: PL72 1140 2004 0000 3112 0286 5269
NR BIC: BREXPLPWMBK
Rules & Regulations
1. All second level music schools students, Music Academies students and Academy graduates who wish to hone their music skills are invited to active
participation in the 1st International Cello Academy (ICA).
2. Everyone who is interested, is invited to become a passive participant
3. Young people aged 16 – 18 can take part in the ICA only after showing a written consent signed by a parent/guardian. Teenagers under 16 can participate
in the Academy only if accompanied by an adult.
4. The number of participants is limited.
5. To Take part in the ICA one should fill on-line application form attaching the confirmation of advance payment (the deposit is EUR 100) to the following
account: BIURO KONCERTOWE FERNABUCCO JULIA KARPETA, NR IBAN: PL72 1140 2004 0000 3112 0286 5269, NR BIC: BREXPLPWMBK, together with
the written consent signed by a parent/guardian. (only people 16 – 18 years of age). Deadline of application is 10 of June.
6. All the accepted candidates will receive an e-mail of acceptance no later than 15 of June.
7. In case the candidate has not been accepted, the deposit will be returned within 10 days of the announcement of the final list of participants.
8. Applications without the confirmation of the advance payment will not be taken into consideration.
9. The remaining amount, ie EUR 300 must be paid no later than 10 of July. No payment is tantamount to resignation.
10. The organizers will provide accommodation in twin bed rooms at the Hotel http://www.ddf.nysa.pl/ger.php in Nysa. Breakfast, dinner and supper included.
11. Each participant taking part in the ICA will have the opportunity to participate in both solo and chamber music classes, according to the schedule set
by the organizers.
12. The organizers of the ICA provide 4 solo classes and daily chamber music classes.
13. Each of the participants is required to bring sheet music accompaniment, concert attire and a music stand.
14. Participants are obliged to abide by the rules and regulations of concert halls, hotels, schools or restaurants in which the 1st ICA is held.
15. Possible consequences resulting from a failure to comply with the rules of the places where ICA will be hald, shall be taken by the participant.
16. The organizers of the ICA do not provide any insurance
17. The organizers of the ICA do not take responsibility for any cases of theft, damage or any possible accidents.
18. The organizers reserve the right to record and publish any ICA concerts. After signing the rules and regulations of the ICA, participants, agree to withdraw
from any related claims.
19. In cases of failure to comply with the above rules and regulations among the participants, the organizers reserve the right to remove a participant from ICA
without any refund.